Soul Search

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Innocence Lost.

Couple days ago, I was late from work and opted to go for a late night chow.. Another friend of mine was accompanying me. Upon his recommendation we headed for a small Biryani place. as we placed our order and awaited patiently to be served . A person walked in, cell phone complete with hands free, he was still busy talking to the "Other party"

As he came closer I recognized him. He was someone whom I knew from school days. We passed 10th grade together and he was frequent visitor to my place then. He hadnt changed at all same build, same height, and same hairstyle complete with same smiling eyes.

But now that I was in his earshot I could hear his part of conversation. You know how Im. I wont think twice to R#$% you. You Better get this thing done else I will F@#% you ....You know what I can do...!

I was agape, & still made a futile attempt to wave him get his attention and break the volley of obscenities he was spewing... Apparently he was too much engrossed with his colorful conversation or maybe I have changed too much in last few years for him to recognize me , he didnt recognize me . Amidst his talk he did some gesture to the owner of the place, which was decoded properly. As owner peeped into the kitchen and passed the order to the cook.

Like he walked in! So he walked out still verbally assaulting "the Party". "Thats Clifford. He was in your school right?" my friend asked me... "He deals in some auto finance stuff!!!" .I was informed. Oh! Ok!! my reaction...

As I dived into the sea of memory to fetch records of coy shy ,funny innocent kid called Clifford to share with my friend ,My friend nudged me ,at the counter stood a Slim fair coy looking gal talking to the Owner "Uncle is the Biryani ready ! You know how wild Cliffy gets if there is a delay!! Please Hurry". Thats Clifford's wife ..my friend filled in the blank

Ah well is this another case to blame life, its struggles and what earning livelihood makes man do??


I

   
Unsui 12:33 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment